Content of the reportIntroduction
The country analysis report on Switzerland provides a wide array of analytical inputs to analyze the country’s performance, and the objective is to help the reader to make business decisions and prepare for the future. The report on Switzerland analyzes the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure of Switzerland. The report provides a holistic view of Switzerland from historical, current and future perspective. Insightful analysis on critical current and future issues is presented through detailed SCPT (strengths, challenges, prospects and threats /risks) analysis for each of the PESTLE segments. In addition, the PESTLE segments are supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis. The PESTLE country analysis report series provides an in-depth analysis of 50 major countries.
Features and Benefits
• Understanding gained from the country analysis report on Switzerland can be used to plan business investments or market entry apart from a holistic view of the country.
• Political section on Switzerland provides inputs about the political system, key figures in the country, and governance indicators.
• Economic section on Switzerland outlines the economic story of the country to provide a balanced assessment on core macro-economic issues.
• Social section on Switzerland enables understanding of customer demographics through the income distribution, rural-urban segmentation and centres of affluence, healthcare and educational scenario in the country.
• Technological section on Switzerland provides strategic inputs on information communications and technology, technological laws and policies, technological gaps, patents data and relevant laws.
• Legal section on Switzerland provides information about the legal structure, corporate laws, business set-up procedures and the tax regime.
• Environmental section provides information on environmental policies in Switzerland and the performance in terms of important environmental indicators.
PESTLE analysis of Switzerland identifies issues that affect the country’s performance through the prism of current strengths (strengths), current challenges (weaknesses), future prospects (opportunities) and future risks (threats).
The political landscape discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Switzerland in different periods. The economic, social, foreign and defence policies are considered in the political landscape section. It also discusses the performance of the country as per World Bank Governance Indicators.
The economic landscape describes the evolution of the economy of Switzerland in different periods. It also examines the country’s performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector and employment. The economic landscape also explains the financial system in the country, especially with regard to financial authorities/regulators.
The social landscape covers the demographics, education and healthcare scenario in Switzerland. The social welfare policies of the government along with the country’s performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution and education are also provided.
The technological landscape discusses the structure and policies in terms of Intellectual property, research & development, technology agreements/pacts; and policies related to the promotion of technology in Switzerland.
The legal landscape examines the structure of the judicial system, legislation affecting businesses, tax regulations, labor laws, trade regulations and corporate governance in Switzerland.
The environmental landscape in Switzerland discusses the environmental regulations and policies of the country. The performance of the country in terms of in terms of environmental indicators and impact of environmental policies is also examined.
"Switzerland managed to maintain a real GDP growth of 3.4% and 3.6% in 2006 and 2007, respectively. However, the global economic crisis engulfed the Swiss economy, dragging its GDP growth down to 1.9% in 2008. The economy picked up pace in the last quarter of 2009, with GDP rising by 0.7% in the fourth quarter from the third. Switzerland experienced an economic boost in late 2009 with an increase in private consumption and a rise in levels of exports and capital investment. However, on an overall basis, the country saw its GDP contracting by 1.9% in 2009. In 2010, the country held up better than many other European countries and the US, and registered a GDP growth of 2.8%."
Your key questions answered
• What is the outlook in terms of political stability, policies towards businesses, external front and popularity of government in Switzerland?
• What is the economic performance of Switzerland in terms of GDP growth, fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, and employment among other economic indicators?
• What is the performance of Switzerland in terms of healthcare, income distribution and education?
• What is the performance of Switzerland in technology intensive sectors like telecommunications and information technology, patents and R&D expenditure trends?
• What is the legal structure in Switzerland and are the laws conducive for investment?
• What is the performance of Switzerland in terms of environmental indicators and impact of environmental policies?
Table of ContentsTABLE OF CONTENTS
Key Facts and Geographic Location 9
Key facts 9
Geographical location 10
PESTLE Analysis 11
Political analysis 12
Economic analysis 17
Social analysis 20
Technological analysis 23
Legal analysis 26
Environmental analysis 29
Political Landscape 32
Structure and policies 34
Economic Landscape 43
Structure and policies 45
Social Landscape 63
Structure and policies 63
Technological Landscape 70
Structure and policies 70
Legal Landscape 76
Structure and policies 76
Environmental Landscape 80
Structure and policies 80
Ask the analyst 85
Datamonitor consulting 85
TABLE OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Map of Switzerland 10
Figure 2: Switzerland – key political events timeline 34
Figure 3: Switzerland – key political figure 35
Figure 4: Swiss National Council composition by number of seats, 2007 37
Figure 5: Switzerland's historical GDP growth (1991–2010) 44
Figure 6: Market capitalization of the Swiss stock exchange, 2001–09 47
Figure 7: GDP and growth rate in Switzerland, 2004–14 50
Figure 8: GDP composition by sector, 2010 51
Figure 9: Agricultural output of Switzerland, 2005–10 52
Figure 10: Industrial output of Switzerland, 2005–10 53
Figure 11: Service output of Switzerland, 2005–10 54
Figure 12: External trade of Switzerland, 2006–10 57
Figure 13: CPI and CPI-based inflation in Switzerland, 2004–14 58
Figure 14: Unemployment rate in Switzerland, 2004–14 61
Figure 15: Major religions of Switzerland (2000 census) 65
Figure 16: Expenditure on healthcare in Switzerland, 2002–13 67
Figure 17: Government expenditure on education in Switzerland, 2003–09 68
Figure 18: Growth rate of mobile and fixed-line subscribers in Switzerland, 2002–12 73
Figure 19: Internet users and growth rate in Switzerland, 2004–09 74
Figure 20: Carbon dioxide emissions in Switzerland, 2003–10 83
TABLE OF TABLES
Table 1: Switzerland – key fundamentals 4
Table 2: Switzerland – key facts 9
Table 3: Analysis of Switzerland’s political landscape 12
Table 4: Analysis of the Swiss economy 17
Table 5: Analysis of the Swiss social system 20
Table 6: Analysis of Switzerland’s technology landscape 23
Table 7: Analysis of Switzerland’s legal landscape 26
Table 8: Analysis of Switzerland’s environmental landscape 29
Table 9: Patents received by the USPTO, 2001–10 71
Table of Figuresn/a
We sell all reports and surveys at the same price the publisher is asking for. You never pay too much! We guarantee a competitive price – also for shipping costs.
Your order is of the highest priority to us. Your request is forwarded to the publisher immediately and dispatched there right away. Our reports-research team can be reached for all questions by phone or email.
Up to date
You can always be sure to receive the latest data. As a special service we always check with the publisher if a newer version of the report is available or planned for the near future.
Your personal data is stored safely! Every customer account is protected via SSL. In terms of payment methods we work hand in hand with a certified creditcard service-provider. You can also pay by PayPal.
Support & Research
You are looking for a special report or market data? You have questions on one of our reports? You need help with a custom-made market research? Feel free to contact our support team who can rely on a worldwide network of 500 market research partners – free of charge, without obligations and at top speed.